Available Device Actions (Device Management)
You can manage a single or multiple devices using our built-in device management capabilities. To execute device actions, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Deployment > Devices (side panel of your workspace)
- Select one single device and click on the three vertical dots menu next to the device
Select multiple devices and use the three vertical dots menu on the right top of the page for bulk actions
The following device actions are available:
- Assign Profile: The Profile and attached Application will be deployed to the edge device. You can't assign a new Profile while the device status is "Profile Deploying".
- Unassign Profile: The whole deployment will be removed from the edge device.
- Reboot Device: Remotely restart your edge device.
- Remove Device: Delete your edge device. You can only remove a device with the status "No Profile".
Concept: Every device has a device status (main status) and a Connection status The status can change over time, based on actions or events (e.g. the user does something). In the UI, we show the color bullet as red or green for the connection status ...
Add a New Device
Device images are used to add edge devices to your workspace. In your workspace, you can generate Device Images for specific Edge Device Types (more precisely for the specific system architectures). The device image contains mechanisms for your ...
Virtual Device using VirtualBox
Viso Setup Add a New Device Device images are used to add edge devices to your workspace. In your workspace, you can generate Device Images for specific Edge Device Types (more precisely for the specific system architectures). If no physical device ...
Local Configuration of Devices
After you have built and deployed an application to your edge devices, you might want to change couple of settings of your application which are specific to one single device. However, to achieve that you might not want to change the underlying ...
Assign a Profile to Devices
If you want to deploy an Application to an edge device, you will have to assign a Profile to the specific device(s). The device(s) will then pull the necessary packages one's it comes online. There's two ways to assign a Profile to Device(s), follow ...